Welcome to our Live Air Quality Data feed, where you can access near real time hourly readings from any one of our three continuous monitoring stations. You can find multiple substances for one station or one substance for multiple stations. Dates and times are adjustable and you can compare readings to provincial objectives.
Things to remember:
- The data are recorded in Mountain Standard Time. Data are generally indicative of ambient conditions but it is raw data. Our quality controls validate the information and then it is stored in a Government of Alberta Air Data Warehouse.
- If there are breaks in the data, it simply means data was not recorded for that time period. Often, this is due to scheduled equipment maintenance or calibrations being made at that time.
- You can’t compare substances that have competing measurement units. For example, ppb (parts per billion) versus ppm (parts per million). When this conflict occurs, you will see the pop-up “The Y-axis can only have one scale”.
- From time to time data points may be removed after they have been found to be in error due to instrument malfunction.
- Negative numbers that may appear have not yet been referenced to the daily zero check.