Bees Need Clean Air!
What is an Airshed?
Wildfire Smoke and Health
Healthy Communities Need Clean Air
Meet Professor Airianna! Click below for our Grade 5 Lesson Plan on air quality.
Links and Helpful Resources
- AQHI Curriculum Links Grades 1-9
- AQHI Classroom Kits: Health Grades 5-6
- The Air We Share Grades 4-6
- Air: Our Invisible Connection Grades 7-9
- AQHI PPT Presentation: We affect Our Air Quality
- AQHI Activity: Fact or Fiction
About Air Quality Monitoring
- Air Quality (FAP)
- Regulating Air Quality (AEP)
- Regional Airshed Monitoring (FAP)
- Focus on Air Quality (AEP)
- How Air Quality Data is Used (FAP)
- AEP AQHI Map
Wood Burning and Wildfire Smoke
- Wood Burning Smoke (AEP)
- Guidance Document for Canadian Jurisdictions on Open Air Burning
- Simplified Wildfire Smoke Guide
- Alberta Wildfire Status Map
- Peace River Area Wildfire Status Update
- “BlueSky” Wildfire Smoke Modelling for North America
Idle Free Tool Kits (CRAZ)
AQHI and Health
- Be Air Aware (Alberta Health)
- How Air Pollution Affects Your Health (Government of Canada)
- Monitoring PM2.5 (AEP)
- Particulate Matter (Government of Canada)
- Is the Air Quality Affecting Your Health?
Click here for more AQHI information.
- Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC)
- Health Canada (HC)
- Natural Resources Canada (NRC)
- Canada Energy Regulator
- Alberta Environment and Parks (AEP)
- Alberta Energy Regulator (AER)
- Alberta Health Services (AHS)
- Alberta Health (AH)
- Alberta Environmental Network (AEN)
PRAMP offers presentations on air quality monitoring and vermicomposting to schools and community members.
Contact PRAMP’s Education and Outreach Coordinator to book your presentation and check these websites for more info and tips:
Search YouTube and Pinterest for “vermicomposting” more great resources!
Click on the Red Wiggler Worm below to open PRAMP’s Vermicomposting information sheet.